1. LEGAL GAZETTE
1.1. OverviewZbierka zákonov Slovenskej republiky
The Collection of Laws of the Slovak Republic
Ministerstvo spravodlivosti Slovenskej republiky, sekcia edičných
(Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic, Editorial Activities
Župné námestie 13 — 811 01 Bratislava
Tel. +421 252442845
Fax +421 252442853
Official journal/ legal gazette The Zbierka zákonov Slovenskej republiky contains legal notices and other official texts; see point 1.2 for details. First edition January 1993 First online edition There is not yet an official online edition of the Zbierka zákonov Slovenskej republiky. A project is under way.
A private sector service is available (http://www.zbierka.sk), see point 3.3.
Paper edition Online edition CD/DVD edition Zbierka zákonov
A deposit must be
paid in advance.
1. Private sector services
(For details, see point 3.3)
Access and price
2. Public sector service
Texts in database format
Earliest act available: Act No 11/1918
Access and price
(For other details see point 1.3.)
No CD/DVD edition
1.2. Details on the legal gazette in general
Content Zbierka zákonov (Z.z.) contains:
- Constitution, constitutional laws
- Laws passed by the National Council of the Slovak Republic (parliament)
- Government ordinances
- Generally binding legal regulations issued by ministries and other central bodies of the state administration
- International agreements and treaties
- Decisions of the Constitutional Court of the Slovak Republic
- Legal notices
Legal basis Act No 1/1993 Coll. on the Collection of Laws of the Slovak Republic (zákon č. 1/1993 Z. z. o Zbierke zákonov Slovenskej republiky) Legally binding Paper edition Financing The printing and distribution of Zbierka zákonov is carried out by a private company (legal person) on a contractual basis with the Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic. All related costs are covered by the private company. Other gazettes Apart from the notices published in the Zbierka zákonov, there are also the following main official gazettes containing official notices and other legal announcements:
- Obchodný vestník (Commercial Journal), published by the Ministry of Justice, Editorial Activities Department, contains data, decisions and notifications that must be published in the Commercial Journal if the Commercial Code and a specific law require it.
- Vestník verejného obstarávania (Public Procurement Journal), published by the Office for Public Procurement, contains preliminary notifications, regular notifications, notifications concerning methods of public procurement and their results, list of businessmen.
1.3. Details on the online editionhttp://jaspi.justice.gov.sk
Currently, no official online edition exists but the texts of the legal acts are available online in database format, see also point 3.2. Access to an online edition is offered free of charge by private sector services, see point 1.1.
- Download (not available for all texts)
- Hyperlinks (not available for all texts)
- PDF (available only for texts difficult to convert into HTML)
Authenticity Online texts are directly created from the sources (data) of the Ministry of Justice. The same data are used for the paper edition (legally binding) as well as for the online edition. Archiving
- No special legislation for archiving electronic documents, but there are standards on backing up information (decree of the Ministry of Finance No MF/013261/-2008-132 of 8 September 2008).
- Archiving actually concerns only the paper (legally binding) edition of the Zbierka zákonov. All parts of the Zbierka zákonov are archived together with all documents which arise from the editorial processing of a specific legal rule.
- Archiving is carried out by the Office of the Collection of Laws, part of sekcia edičných činností (Editorial Activities Department).
1.4. Details on the publishing institutionMinisterstvo spravodlivosti Slovenskej republiky
(Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic)
For contact details, please refer to point 1.1
Form and nature Public body (ministry) Basic tasks
- Pre-press: yes
- Printing: carried out by a private company
- Dissemination/distribution: carried out by a private company
- Legal gazette online: no
- Legislation database: yes
- Consolidation: yes
Other services off ered Information concerning individual parts of the Zbierka zákonov or information concerning the activity of the department itself
1.5. Drafting and publishing procedures
Text processing system
- Special software (Editor) is used for drafting legislation. Editor is used by legislative workers and allows for creating draft acts in structured form (XML).
- Identical systems are used for primary and secondary legislation.
- Corel Ventura is used during final data processing (for publication in the Zbierka zákonov).
- The use of special software is under consideration for the automatic conversion of Editor outputs to the final official layout.
- Corel Ventura is used during final data processing (for publication in the Zbierka zákonov). During the updating of the JASPI WEB (electronic system of information) these files are converted into HTML.
Workflow The Portál právnych predpisov (Portal of Legal Acts) ensures electronic
exchange of legislative materials specific to the individual legislative
process. This portal is a web application on a secure server, accessible at
- Following approval and signing, laws are delivered from the Office of the National Council (the parliament) directly to the Office of the Collection of Laws. As for secondary legislation, it is delivered from the proposer (e.g. government office) to the Office of the Collection of Laws.
- Electronic editions are delivered via portal (mentioned above).
- Legal regulations should be published at the latest 15 days after delivery to the Office of the Collection of Laws of the Slovak Republic (Act No 1/1993 Coll. on the Zbierka zákonov).
- Paper and electronic editions are derived from the same file.
2. COLLECTIONS OF CONSOLIDATED LEGISLATION
For more details see point 3.2
For more details see point 3.2
|Body carrying out consolidation||Jednotný automatizovaný systém právnych informácií — JASPI
(United Automated System of Legal Information unit — JASPI)
Ministry of Justice of the Slovak Republic
|Status of the consolidated texts||Consolidation is for information purposes only.|
|Access||Free of charge|
|Deadline for consolidation||There is no specific deadline for consolidation, but consolidation takes place continuously, usually texts are updated within several days.|
3. LEGISLATIVE PORTALS AND ONLINE DATABASES
3.1. Official portalsPortál právnych predpisov
(Portal of Legal Acts)
Ministerstvo spravodlivosti Slovenskej republiky
3.2. Official databasesJASPI WEB
Jednotný automatizovaný systém právnych informácií — Web
(United Automated System of Legal Information — Web)
Organisation responsible Ministerstvo spravodlivosti Slovenskej republiky
Content JASPI WEB is an electronic information system on laws.
It contains primary and secondary legislation in force in nonconsolidated and consolidated form, judicial decisions and opinions of the Supreme Court of the Slovak Republic which are published in the Journal of Judicial Decisions of the Supreme Court, judicial decisions, opinions and reports of the Constitutional Court of the Slovak Republic, selected judicial decisions of regional and district courts and data concerning court experts, interpreters and translators.
Access Free of charge Access via N-Lex (see Annex 2) Yes
3.3. Additional information: other commonly used legal databasesASPI
(IURA EDITION, spol. s r. o.)epi
(Poradca podnikateľa, spol. s r. o.)Zbierka
Online edition of the Zbierka zákonov