1. LEGAL GAZETTE
1.1. OverviewEpissimi Efimerida tis Dimokratias tis Kyprou
Official Gazette of the Republic of Cyprus
Typografio tis Kypriakis Dimokratias
(Printing Office of the Republic of Cyprus)
M. Karaolis Str. — 1445 Nicosia
Tel. +357 22405800
Fax +357 22303175
Official journal/legal gazette In Cyprus there is a single publication containing legislation as well as legal notices and other official texts (official gazette);see point 1.2 for details. First edition 5 November 1878 First online June 2003
Paper edition Online edition CD/DVD edition Epissimi Efimerida tis Dimokratias tis Kyprou
From 2004 (PDF)
Access and price
No CD/DVD edition
At the moment, there is no CD-ROM/DVD available, but the Printing Office of the Republic of Cyprus plans to create one in the near future.
1.2. Details on the legal gazette in general
Content The Epissimi Efimerida contains one main part (with information on miscellaneous items, offers, appointments, scholarships, exams, etc.) and several annexes, divided into the following sections:
- Annex I: Part I (general legislation); Part II (budgets); Part III (international agreements)
- Annex II: Part I (regulations), Part II (decisions of the High Court)
- Annex III: Part I (regulatory administrative acts), Part II (personal administrative acts)
- Annex IV: Part I (ministerial council decisions), Part II (House of Parliament decisions)
- Annex V: Part I (general and limited partnerships), Part II (trademarks, patents, industrial designs, designations of origin), Part III (document reception)
- Annex VI (draft legislation)
- Annex VII (international agreements)
- Annex VIII (schemes of service)
Legal basis Article 52 of the Constitution and Article 43 of the Interpretation Law, Chapter 1, are the legal basis for the publication of legislation in Cyprus. Legally binding Paper edition Financing The budget of the Government Printing Office is included in the government’s main budget. The office itself earns a considerable income from selling publications as well as from various other services — income which is transferred to the State budget.
1.3. Details on the online editionhttp://www.mof.gov.cy
See also point 1.1
Functionalities Download available Format description Authenticity No specific measures are taken to guarantee the authenticity of the (electronically) published text. Archiving The Government Printing Office is responsible for archiving. The online publisher (Netveil Ltd) makes older texts available. However, there are no legal provisions for archiving the electronic editions of legislation/electronic official texts in general.
1.4. Details on the publishing institutionTypografiotis Kipriakis Dimokratias
(Printing Office of the Republic of Cyprus)
For contact details, please refer to point 1.1
The Printing Office of the Republic of Cyprus is public and part of the Cypriot Ministry of Finance. Basic tasks
- Pre-press: yes
- Printing: yes
- Dissemination/distribution: yes
- Legal gazette online: yes
- Legislation database: no
- Consolidation: no
Other services offered Printing of all government documents, supply of photocopy paper and stationery
1.5. Drafting and publishing procedures
Text processing system
- The legislation is drafted in the government departments by ministerial staff and verified by the Legal Office.
- To process the texts, the Printing Office of the Republic of Cyprus uses Quark Express, Ready, Set, Go and Freehand (Macintosh PCs).
- The same system applies for primary and secondary legislation.
Workflow As there is no single integrated electronic workflow system, the transmission takes place on paper, CD and electronically. Publishing
- Staff of the Printing Office of the Republic of Cyprus take care of proofreading and editing.
- Once a text is received by the publishing workflow, it takes a minimum of two days for publication.
- Both the paper and electronic editions of the Epissimi Efimerida are derived from the same final text file. They are published concurrently.
2. COLLECTIONS OF CONSOLIDATED LEGISLATION
For the time being, no official collection of consolidated legislation is available.
3. LEGISLATIVE PORTALS AND ONLINE DATABASES
3.1. Official portalsFor the time being, no official portal is available.
3.2. Official databasesApart from the Epissimi Efimerida online, (see point 1.3), there is no other official legislative database available.
Access via N-Lex
(see Annex 2)
Not yet implemented
3.3. Additional information: other commonly used legal databases