Brief project description
This project falls into the activities Eurostat is carrying out to support the implementation of SNA 2008 in developing countries.
The objectives are:
- Update the handbook “Essential SNA: building the basics”;
- Spread the usability and internationally promote the knowledge transfer of the handbook;
- Give supports to users of the handbook.
Handbook “Essential SNA: Building the basics”
The handbook provides clear and simple guidelines for SNA implementation in developing countries. The key issues presented are:
- Institutional issues (legal framework and strategy for developing the statistical system);
- Technical issues relating to statistical infrastructure (such as business registers and classifications);
- Technical issues relating to data sources;
- Specific issues common in developing countries (such as the non-observed economy and the informal sector).